Friday, April 18, 2014

Challenge Accepted!

It's all Jack Badelaire's fault.

Back in December, my fellow indie scribe posted this challenge on his blog, where he expressed his idea that, if a writer puts his rear end in a chair and types steadily, said writer could produce a significant body of work in 2014.

Being a masochist, as I've communicated elsewhere on my humble page, immediately began to develop the necessary strategery so I could take this on and see if I could meet Jack's goal of four stories by January 2015.

That lead me to:

1) outline two more Wolf stories to go along with the five already out.

2) create a new spy series and outline four episodes projected at 50,000 words each.

The outlines are all done; in fact, the first of the spy series is finished, and it only took two months. Fifty thousand words in two months. Wow. Butt in chair = produced pages. Soon it goes to my editor.

One down, five projects to go. Eight months. Two months per book and I'm done before Christmas and the spy books alone will ring it at 200,000 words total. That's a heck of a lot of words. The two Wolf stories will add, probably, another 30,000, respectively.

I'm insane.

Challenge accepted, Jack! And well underway. . . .

4 comments: