Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ten Things About Me

I found this over at James Reasoner’s "Rough Edges" blog and couldn’t resist adding my own spin to it. It's a list of ten things about me and this will allow you to, in James's words, see how odd I am. Thanks, James!

1. I have existed since college on a variety of jobs that have let me survive but made me no money; the trend shows no sign of changing soon. My father fears for my future.

2. When I was a little kid, I had wallpaper with airplanes on it. World War I jobs complete with labels. I was ticked off that in the corner where my bed was placed I could see only German planes; I wanted to see American planes! So I scribbled over the Germans with a marker. Mom got mad. She didn’t understand I was only doing my part for the war.

3. It's hard going into a bookstore and not spend two hours just flipping through stuff.

4. I have moved so much and lived in so many places that sometimes I wake up and don’t know where I am.

5. I have a sick fascination with high performance sports cars, yet when I had the chance to buy a Corvette, I bought a lesser sports car instead. I hope the Corvette gods will forgive me.

6. I can write a book in three months. Whether or not it’s any good is another story.

7. I spend too much time on the Internet. Usually researching old and new sports cars.

8. I’ll be 34 this year and I still laugh out loud when watching the Road Runner & Coyote cartoon. My mother fears for my sanity.

9. I like to type the first drafts of my novels on a 1942 Royal that my grandfather used in his accounting business. He died before I was born so this is the closest connection we have.

10. When I was a kid, I was out with Dad one night when the car broke down near a freeway onramp. It was noisy and scary for my eight-year-old self. Dad told me not to worry because when the U.S.S. Enterprise broke down, Mr. Scott never complained. Somehow that made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment