Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Chris Ryan's STRIKE BACK

A couple of Brit authors have been on my radar recently--Chris Ryan and Duncan Falconer--and I'm finally getting around to reading one of them. In this case, Ryan and his book Strike Back. I'm familiar with the title from the Cinemax/Sky1 TV series, so I thought it would be best to start there. (As an aside, I haven't watched the TV version, so I have no expectations.)

And, wow, what a book. I'm only 45 pages in, having just read the prologue after receiving the novel from Book Depository in the UK (only took a week to get to me in the U.S.). Great prices and free shipping on that site, so make it one of your stops when you're looking for something new to read.

Anyway it's a whopper. Great bloody action (emphasis on bloody) and he really draws you into the story. In the opening battle in a building in Beirut, you feel like you're there with the SAS guys as they go blasting terrorists to free a hostage.

I don't often mention books until after I've finished them, but I'm so impressed with this title I had to stop and post. I'm really looking forward to this one and how it plays out. Ryan is a terrific writer, no fluff, very tight and to the point. And he knows of what he writes, having been an SAS man himself.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment